You are invited to walk with DoNight and the Muscatine River Monster in the Fourth of July Parade!
We have an aquatic theme – natural considering our parade entry is built around a giant River Monster!
Just imagine: People with goggles and snorkels ‘swimming’ alongside the giant tentacles of The Kraken with epic sea monster music blasting!
Our costumes will be:
These are the basic items we will all have…you can add variety from here!
- A solid color t-shirt. (without lettering or designs) Bright colors will be best!
- Beach Shorts: They could be swim trunks or any kind of shorts that you’d wear to the beach.
- Diving Mask or goggles!
- A Snorkle! (Wal-Mart has a dive mask/snorkle package for about $5)
- Bring a bag of candy to hand out yourself.
- A bottle of water for yourself!
- Any other beach or diving accessories you want to full out your costume.
- 3:00 pm. Staging at Jeremy Koskie’s house: 110 Union St. Muscatine (Off Washington by Weed Park) This is where we’ll get our costumes all ready, and wait for the call to head to the lineup.
- 4:00 pm. Head to parade lineup. Parade starts at 5:00pm and our trip through will be over at close to 6:00.
- 9:00pm. (approx) Fireworks at riverfront park.
Note: the parade route is about 1mile long.
If you have any questions about meeting places, times or costumes call:
Jacob Lane: 520-235-5338
We can’t wait!